Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Share stats reset all of a sudden
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Page: 1
TOPIC: Share stats reset all of a sudden
Share stats reset all of a sudden 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
I installed the plugin last night and it worked perfectly. I got about 50x share in FB and 2 in twitter for next hours. I checked my site this morning and it was still working fine. Until midday today when I added another category in the plugin, all of a sudden the stats went all back to zero. Uh-oh! What have I done wrong? Shouldn't we touch the plugin setting anymore once we save it? Is there any way I can get the stats back? Your reply would be most appreciated.
zachi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Share stats reset all of a sudden 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
I dunno what happened but the original stats is back now. I the view resets to zero whenever we edit the configs, then goes back to real stats after a few minutes? Well, that seems kinda weird. But anyway, I'm glad that the stats are now back to normal. Thanks for the time. I'll post again if ever i encounter weird behaviors. I hope my posts will help you guys improve your great plugin. Thanks again!
zachi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/04/28 23:27 By zachi.

Re:Share stats reset all of a sudden 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 4
Hi zachi,

Thanks for the note. Share stats are dependent on your exact URL & they're held at the social sites (twitter, facebook). If your URL changes, the stats will change. Changing the configs of our plugin won't affect any of your stats. Also, if access to those social sites is unavailable, your stats will be unavailable.

Glad you like it.
-Guru
Prova
Admin
graph
Launch an advertisement design contest at the price YOU pick @ prova.fm

Re:Share stats reset all of a sudden 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
Hi again! sorry if i sound a bit repetitious, but the FB stats in our website is lost again. and when i checked your website, it's the same thing -- the FB stat here is missing too. The other stats are not affected, but the FB share command seem to have problem connecting with FB. I thought probably it's FB issue, but when i checked other websites with FB share box they seem to be alright, their FB stats are working.

What do you think is the cause of this problem? I hope you can help me fix this coz i don't want to change plugin. I think your plugin is a good, except for this FB share stats issue.

Thank you. I hope this post could help to further improve your great plugin and other work.
zachi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Share stats reset all of a sudden 3 Months ago Karma: 4
Hi Zachi,

This plugin simply displays javascript from facebook. It's whatever .js code facebook suggests. It doesn't connect or use API's or anything too fancy like that. If it can't get the numbers, it's probably facebook. FB is quite slow sometimes.
Prova
Admin
graph
Launch an advertisement design contest at the price YOU pick @ prova.fm

Go to top Page: 1