Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Go to bottom Page: 1
TOPIC: Idea Tank?
Idea Tank? 6 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 4
Hi Guys,

There are some great designs coming in for our current logo design contest.

We're also launching our twitter account. Follow @provafm & get involved.

We're looking for ideas to create buzz for Prova. If you have a great idea for us, tell us. We want to get you more clients! If we get a great idea, we'll be sure to reward you somehow.

What would motivate you to get involved with Prova? Active forum, displaying your personal blog/twitter feed, showcasing designers, answering design questions?
Prova
Admin
graph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/03/10 19:19 By Prova.
Launch an advertisement design contest at the price YOU pick @ prova.fm
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Idea Tank? 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago Karma: 0
Being a member of many different design communities, I have to say that a few things I like to see before I enter a contest are the following::

1.) Guaranteed winner and payment

2.) Contests that don't run to long (ending in 7 days is ideal)- Personally, I don't enter contests that run longer than 7-10 days.

3.) No member manipulation functions (Such as allowing members to vote for other members) - 9 times out of 10 this promotes manipulation of the voting system in an attempt to get their designs higher up on the charts and drown out others (even if it's the worst out of them all)

4.) Moderation / Administration participation in policing - This is VERY important to me, as it's one thing to lose a contest fairly And another thing to lose a contest to someone that ripped off a copyrighted / clipart / stock design & tried to sell it as their own. It's imperative that a site has a REPORT feature on each submission & that the staff conducts research into the infringement report. Some reports will be bogus, made by those that want the best design out of the way so they have a better chance to win, however, with the staffs research a fair decision can be obtained by looking at the evidence.

The above are just the first things that pop into my head when I'm looking at a new contest site. The more fair & policed a contest site is, the more designers & clients you will attract.

Just my thoughts, hope it helps
drifter73
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/08/27 20:41 By drifter73.
Vector Services | Illustration Design | Living as a drifter

Re: Idea Tank? 2 Weeks ago Karma: 4
Hey drifter73,

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll add them to our services as soon as we can. I especially like the 'report' feature. We keep a close eye on all our contests, but a report button would probably make everyone more comfortable.

Thanks again,
-Prova team
Prova
Admin
graph
Launch an advertisement design contest at the price YOU pick @ prova.fm

Go to top Page: 1