Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Bookmark and Share

Purchased designs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Page: 12
TOPIC: Purchased designs
Purchased designs 4 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 0
Was wondering if there is a way to upload high rez image for client once bid is won. Things like posters are higher file sizes and will not print properly if they use what we have uploaded. I just want to keep the clients coming back, if they don't get the print files than it will be a waste for them. I also was wondering if we get an extra day to get the file ready for the client once the bid is won. I am asking because some projects will require stock photography and if the other designers are like me we are not going to buy the photography until we know we have won the design. Just questions I couldn't find answers to anywhere on the site.

thanks,
Kendel

www.heavenbc.com
kendel
kendel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Purchased designs 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 3
Hi Kendel,

Thanks for the questions. Sorry about the delay. We're currently working on revamping the whole upload process right now. A key ingredient, is we want each client to be able to instantly download their chosen design. Whether it be from the template directory, or their contest. This would mean each design would need to be uploaded as a final version. Obviously it would be a bad idea to force designers to incur costs (stock photos, ...), so we've come up with this idea:

Each client will specify the file type & file dimensions they need (psd, 3000 px X 2000 px).
Designs will be created, & comp versions of stock photos can be used.
Links directly to each stock photo used will be inserted in the upload form (or included in the PSD).

This way, if a design is chosen & you are on vacation or unavailable, the business client can receive his design immediately. This would prevent any frustrations to clients. No costs would be incurred by designers. If a design is moved to our template directory, it's ready to be purchased & instantly downloaded. A future client can download a template, follow the links to the stock photos, purchase them, & insert them into their finished design. If they don't know how, they can contact you for any customizations.

Let me know if this answers your questions. Let me know what you think of this process.

Thanks,
-guru
guru
guru
Admin
graph
Launch an advertisement contest at the price YOU pick @ prova.fm

Re: Purchased designs 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
In my experience as a designer I have never used a stock photo as is. There is always retouching and cropping needed of the originall, even changing of colors. If we send link of stock photo and they place it, what are we for. To make it professional. Take it beyond what they can do. Even the software to do these projects are not in their hands to carryout what will be needed next. Changing of files from rgb to cmyk...

What If you have a deadline date and a winning bid date. The winning bid can be set 1 day before the deadline date. That way we are given the chance to make any required placing of imagery and tweeking. That date the file can be instantly downloaded then. It still fits your site specs but adds a needed dimension for clients to recieve the BEST your site has to offer. From what i have seen on the site no one can tell when a bid has been won and by whom anyway.
kendel
kendel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I understand. You offer a good solution. We'll have to discuss this & get back. We would love to get input from more designers.

Thanks,
-guru
guru
guru
Admin
graph

Hi Kendel,

We've discussed your suggestions & here's what we've come up with. Please tell us what you think:

If your design is chosen as the winning entry in a design contest:
If your design does not have any stock photography, all you have left to do is collect your earnings.

If your design has stock photography, you will be given a couple days to purchase any stock photos/licenses & add them to the finished design. You would then upload them to the server for our client to download. The file format, size, & dimensions will be what the client specifies in his design brief, & will be print ready.

We'd like to know what you think is an acceptable number of days to give designers to upload the finished design. You said 1 day, which we would love to go with, but we understand problems can come up. Vacation, internet outages, or other situations could prevent a designer from uploading in 24 hours. We want to be fair to both parties.

To guarantee our clients the ability to download their chosen design within 'X number of days,' we've come up with our backup option: If any designer is not able to upload the finished design within X number of days, our graphic designers will download the stock photography, swap out the comp photos with the real photos & upload the finished design for the client. Because of our involvement, we'll take $25 + any licensing fees out of your payout..

This allows our designers to not stress about taking a vacation, internet outages, or other situations. If you're not around at the end of the contest, you can still win. The client will always get his design within X number of days. This would require all entries to be uploaded as multi-layerd files, in finished form, except for any stock photos. The upload form will ask for the location of any stock images. Obviously we hope to not get involved, but find it necessary to keep clients from wondering where their design is.

If your design is purchased from the template directory, the same process will happen. You'll be notified of the purchase, & will have X number of days to buy & insert any stock photos, & change the company name, address, & other info to what the customer specifies. If any designer doesn't upload the customized design within X number of days, we'll make the changes.

We found we can sell more templates this way by offering "Free customization with any purchase."

Please tell us if you think 1, 2, or 3 days is enough time to give each designer.
guru
guru
Admin
graph

Re: Purchased designs 4 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
Hello, by sam i think you've got it. I also think you have given a new dimension to clients and designers. There isn't a design site out there that helps both sides like that. You have someone that can pick up the pieces if a designer falls short or can't meet the deadline. I am sure there will still be glitches here and there but i think you've got the general idea.
48hours would probably be fair. Most seasoned designers that list keep pretty close tabs on jobs that they have bid on and when the ending dates are. So, I believe that 48 hours is fair to both sides.

If you ever need help with the designing part that you suggest (when someone is on vacation or cannot finish) i would love to be a canidate. Let me know if you will have any positions or need for help with that type of thing.

thanks for listening and accomodating both sides of the design and advertising process!

kendel
kendel
kendel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/10/10 15:43 By kendel.

Go to top Page: 12