Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Conflict in IE
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Page: 1
TOPIC: Conflict in IE
Conflict in IE 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago Karma: 0
I installed your "add this" plugin on my joomla site and it worked fine for a little while, but as of today, all of the pages that display the plugin cut off midway through the page if viewed in internet explorer. I disabled the plugin and everything displays fine. Are there any known conflicts in IE that I can work through to get this fixed?
mrwatkins83
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Conflict in IE 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago Karma: 3
ROK extensions seem to have problems. If you have any of those, try turning them off.
Did you change anything from the time our plugin worked till the time it didn't work? Our plugin doesn't change, so whatever you added is what's interfering.

One thing you might try is turn off the "Facebook on Top" Parameter (set to No). I noticed the FB badge caused my whole page to stop showing. I turned it off until I can get it fixed (I'm focusing all my time on marketing prova.fm). Turn the FB badge off & see if it works.

Let me know if you get it.
Thanks,
-Guru
guru
Admin
graph
User Online NowClick here to see the profile of this user
Launch an advertisement design contest at the price YOU pick @ prova.fm

Re: Conflict in IE 4 Months ago Karma: 3
FB badge problem appeared to be an issue with Facebooks code. It's working now. If anyone else experiences problems with IE & the FB badge, let me know.

-Guru
guru
Admin
graph

Re:Conflict in IE 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
Hi, I have the same problem. It works fine on PC Firefox but in Internet Explorer when the plugin is published, the whole page refuses to load. If I turn off the Facebook badge everything works. Would love to find out if there were a fix, since Facebook is the most useful badge for the type of site I"m working.

Thanks for such a great plugin. It's definitely the coolest one out there...
unleash_it
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Conflict in IE 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 3
We don't know why facebook's badge does this. We're working on seeing if there's anything we can do. Unfortunately Facebook's code changes often & we have no control over their code. Sorry it's not working for you. If we can find a solution, we'll put out an update.

-Guru team
guru
Admin
graph

Re:Conflict in IE 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
Hi thanks for the answer. That's too bad, I was really hoping to use the plugin. I'll check w/my client, but Facebook is the main button we need.

Interesting though, I notice that it works in IE7 on your site but not mine. I tried many things to get it to work but to no avail: put the site on a real server, switched template to rhuk_milkyway, upblished all non-essential plugins... but it still crashes everytime in IE.
unleash_it
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to top Page: 1